JERRY THOMAS JR., EIT
3815 Matney Ave Kansas City, KS 66106 (440) 263-3303 firstname.lastname@example.org
An Engineer-In-Training with 5+ years of experience in the Construction industry, looking for a part-time position that both utilizes my knowledge of, and affinity for, technology. Has experience being around and working with electronics, as well as some computer programming training. Looking to leverage my business acumen, honed from years of working in the professional world, and years of involvement in professional organizations, to fulfill a life-long dream of working with video games.
KANSAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION Kansas City, KS
Project Engineer May 2016 – Present
▪ Serve the citizens of Kansas by providing engineering guidance and administration for the construction of highway and related construction projects.
▪ Coordinates communication with Construction Managers/Coordinators, Utility Coordinators, Construction Surveyors, and/or Contractors in order to ensure proper flow and sequence of operations.
▪ Performs on-site inspections of contractor’s operations, equipment, safety measures and various other aspects to ensure compliance with approved plans, drawings, and KDOT specifications.
▪ Develop and prepare periodic and final reports of a multitude of project related activities, for record keeping, liability, and/or use by upper management.
CIRCUIT CITY St. Louis, MO
Product Specialist February 2005 – September 2008
▪ Assisted customers in the purchase of a variety of major and minor electronics and their accessories, ranging from televisions to personal computers.
▪ Used technical knowledge of the various electronics to advise customers on the operation and functionality of their purchases.
▪ Worked closely with the store’s repair tech desk to install and configure startup software on newly bought devices, as well as troubleshoot and fix any issues on used devices.
▪ Have knowledge of, and be available to answer customer inquiries regarding, new products and equipment. EDUCATION
MISSOURI UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, May 2012
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
JAVA C++ VisualBasic VisualBasic.NET
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & CERTIFICATIONS
▪ Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated; Epsilon Psi Chapter – President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, 2011 o Served as committee member for numerous hosted events including the longest running dance
competition in the state, helping to develop and grow the event
▪ Effectively communicated with venue host and necessary officials to ensure the smooth
running of events.
▪ Effectively communicated with event participants and competitors to clarify rules and
▪ Developed and administered written agreements for participants and competitors, as well as
coordinated with host facilities on the terms of their contracts.
▪ Solicited venue owners and companies for use with future events.
▪ Texas Board of Professional Engineers – Engineer-In-Training, EIT No. 53484, January 2016
2006 – 2012
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering at Missouri University of Science & Technology